Supervisors are an employer’s first line of defense against claims and lawsuits. A well-trained supervisor can lower an employer’s risk of being involved in litigation and set the stage for the successful defense of claims that do arise. In addition, a well-trained supervisor is critical to creating and promoting a happy, productive work environment for employees.
The SEAC invites you and your supervisors to join local employment experts to discuss relevant issues and topics including:
- The top 10 legal mistakes made by supervisors;
- Responding to injuries, needs for accommodations and leaves of absence;
- Performance, feedback & discipline;
- The risks and benefits of supervisor documentation (and the fine line between saying too much or too little); and
- Preventing and responding to harassment (and other EEO) complaints (a great way to get in mandatory supervisor training) AB 1825 compliant.
Date: Wednesday, December 3, 2014
Time: 7:30 a.m. – 2:45 p.m.
Location: Sacramento State Alumni Center, 6000 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95819
For more information and details of this seminar, please click here.