Summary of Program
The Labor and Employment Group at Weintraub Tobin is pleased to offer this informative seminar that will discuss recent cases to help business owners, human resource professionals, and managers avoid liability and effectively hire employees as well as carry out disciplines and terminations.
- Training your supervisors to be your best defense.
- Effective hiring practices.
- What can you ask during an interview?
- Should you review an applicant’s social media before making a hiring decision?
- An employer’s right to discipline employees; is it limited?
- Effective policies and documentation to reduce liability.
- Beware of “Progressive Discipline”
- Did the employee quit or was [s]he “constructively terminated?” (What does that mean?)
- What type of conduct can constitute “retaliation” and under what law?
- Can an “at-will” employee be wrongfully terminated?
- What constitutes “wrongful termination?”
Date: September 17, 2015
Time: 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Location: 400 Capitol Mall, 11th Floor, Sacramento, CA
Parking validation provided. Please park in the Wells Fargo parking garage, entrances on 4th and 5th Street.
To register for this seminar, please RSVP to Ramona Carrillo at firstname.lastname@example.org.