Summary of Program
Companies and their employees are now widely using social media in their daily business activities. These networking sites are used by employees to communicate with one another as well as current and potential customers. However, an employee’s use of social media may occasionally adversely impact their employer’s business or present other legal risks. What can an employer do to protect itself without intruding on an employee’s rights?
- Employer’s use of employee’s social media information versus the employee’s right to privacy.
- Protection of employer’s Confidential and Proprietary Information.
- Ramifications of B.Y.O.D. policies.
- Potential employer liability for employee’s on-line conduct.
- The importance of effective Electronic Use and Social Media policies.
- Legal limits for employee use of social media in the workplace.
Date: May 22, 2014
Time: 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Location: Weintraub Tobin, 400 Capitol Mall, 11th Floor, Sacramento, California.
For more information and to download a copy of the flyer, please click here.